You can easily get to see wild animals in zoological parks, but the experience is somewhat subdued. The environment of the zoos is artificial, and not being able to see the creatures in their natural habitat does not induce much of a thrill. Go on a wildlife safari in India to feel what you have not been able to in such man-made environs. See them roam around in their untouched habitat, listen to their sounds and feel your heartbeat rise with excitement.
The picturesque state of Uttarakhand in India, positioned at an enviable height above sea level, draws a lot of tourists round the year. It has gained huge popularity as a center of Adventure tourism. Out of the various adventurous bouquet of activities on offer, a popular choice seems to be the well organized Wildlife Safari. Wildlife Safari in
Wildlife Safari in Uttarakhand
- Jim Corbet National Park:Jim Corbett National Park is a forested wildlife sanctuary in northern India’s Uttarakhand State. Rich in flora and fauna, it’s known for its Bengal tigers. Animals, including tigers, leopards and wild elephants, roam the Dhikala zone. On the banks of the Ramganga Reservoir, the Sonanadi zone is home to elephants and leopards, along with hundreds of species of birds.
- Deer Park:Deer Park is one of the major attractions of Almora. The park features a number of pine trees which add to the rich natural beauty of the place. The captivating beauty of the surroundings is truly unmatched. Tourists from all across the world visit the park to witness endangered species such as deer, leopard and Himalayan black bear. Deer Park is the perfect place for those who wish to take a stroll amid natural beauty and tranquility. Deer park is a must visit attraction for wildlife lovers as it houses a wide collection of rare species.
- Nanda Devi National Park:Nanda Devi National park is placed around the peak of Nanda Devi in the state of Uttarakhand. Adorned as the World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1988, the place acquires an area of 7,817m and has a gathering of major Himalayan wildlife species. Also, it is one of the most attractive sanctuaries in India which draws a huge population of tourists from all around the globe.
- Rajaji National Park:This stream has two stretches for you to pick from; a 40 km section between Khairna and Mohan, and a 25 km course between Kumheriya and Ramnagar.
- Binsar Wildlife Senctaury:Located at a distance of 30 km from Almora in the Kumaun hills, Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the most popular wildlife sanctuaries in Uttarakhand. This wildlife reserve is quite popular for housing a vast variety of exotic flora and fauna. The other attraction here is mesmerizing sunrise and sunset views.
- Gangotri National Park:Gangotri National Park is a national park located in Uttarkashi District Garhwal range Uttarakhand, India. The size of this national park is about 2,390 square km. It was third largest National park of India.